Thursday, October 4, 2012

Carmella is ONE!!

People always say the first year flashes by and I didn't want to believe them. Carmella has gone from a skinny, scrawny newborn to a gorgeous, lovable toddler. I’ve marked off many milestones along the way; her first smile, first giggle, first meal, first time sitting, and crawling. Her personality is already shining through and I can see she’s a perfect mix of both of us.

But looking back at this year I truly have no regrets. I feel so blessed to be Carmella's mommy and not only that but to be a working mom. I have had the best of both world, I work 3 days a week and spend the rest of the week playing, laughing and helping to raise our daughter. Some might say that going back to work is a drag but truthfully I think it makes me a better mom. I go to work and have an outlet, I have adult conversations and feel filled up because I enjoy helping people. And then I get to come home to that sweet face feeling refreshed and ready to spend time with our daughter. I miss her when I am away and it helps me to appreciate her when she whines a little more and reading books and rolling around on the ground has so much more meaning to me than before.

Watching Christopher's relationship develop with his daughter this last year has touched my heart. He truly is a hands on dad, he knows her routine from morning til night. On the days that I work he is Mr. Mom, getting her up and ready for Rose's house, and then picking her up feeding her dinner, having some play time as well as bath time. On the weekends that I work he is on all day, taking walks to the park, entertaining her all day and finding relief when nap time rolls around. I couldn't have picked a better partner and he is such a great dad. If  it is fair to say he provides Carmella with many things that I can not offer her and just because he doesn't do things my way doesn't mean they aren't getting done. Carmella gets the best of both worlds, a daddy who is present and ready to play and a mommy who gets to be at home 4 days a week.

Not to mention that she is a social kid thanks to her days at Rose's house. She interacts with the kids and is learning so much more than I could teach her. Throughout this first year I have watched her vocabulary grow and her conversation skills improve, she loves to talk. And when kids walk in the room she just lights up and gets so excited, it could be her cousins or even kids at the grocery store. We are so blessed to have found  balance in our lives and how that is already beginning to impact Carmella.

It’s cliche to say that she’s changed our lives but our life will never be the same again and that is just fine with me. Carmella has grown up into a cheeky, happy girl with chubby little arms and legs and a big smile that light up the room. She shows so much love for all her friends and family that my heart just swells with pride.

Happy 1st birthday baby girl!!
Mommy and Daddy love you soooo much



That's a wrap... no more pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment