Wednesday, October 26, 2011

White Noise

I discovered white noise last week and it has changed my life. A friend of mine had mentioned to me when I was pregnant that white noise helped he boys sleep when they were infants. Well during a crying fit one afternoon I decided to try it, can I just say it's a miracle!!!

I was attempting to put Carmella into her car seat and since she is not the biggest fan of being strapped in, I couldn't quite get her to calm down so I pulled out my phone and turned on the white noise. Thank goodness I had down loaded the app a few days earlier. It was like someone flipped a switch she quieted down and closed her eyes. So I loaded her into the car and removed my phone, promptly her eye shot open and she was again aware that she was in her car seat so the tears started. As a turned the white noise back on she closed her eyes and was silent. WOW this is like a drug, ok hopefully not that serious.

The real problem lies in the fact that I couldn't use my phone if the white noise was on and it quickly drains the battery.  As I was telling Chris about my newest discovery and how great white noise is he reminded me that we received a giraffe (from my dear friend Vanessa) that plays different sounds. Ah ha white noise to the rescue!

So when we're at home you can find Carmella with George her Giraffe. She actually enjoys all the sounds and in the middle of the night I love George the Giraffe, white noise!


Sleep tight Carmella! 

No comments:

Post a Comment