Friday, March 11, 2011

A little visit to the ER

Just when my nerves were starting to settle down
and we were starting to tell everyone about our little blessing.
I hit a bump in the road and have a trip to the emergency room.



After a great morning at work, I finally told my boss that we're expecting. Not but two hours later I started spotting. Believe me it was a shock!! At first I was really calm and thought maybe it was a one time thing. I called the doctor and then I called Chris; he talked me through it and calmed me down. I went back to work and then it happened again. So I started to panic a bit and since my doctors office is closed on Friday I decided all I could do was get checked out in the emergency room. So I called Chris and told him to meet me at Stanford.


After an agonizing 1.5 hour wait in the ER waiting room, we were finally taken back (and that was with my Stanford employee badge). They drew some blood work and checked me and baby out. The good news is that my cervix was closed so it wasn't a threatened miscarriage. When we did the ultrasound our little baby was waving at us. Almost like he/she was saying I'm still here.... fooled you. And then we saw that blessed heart beating!!

It was a long day and after 4 hours in the Emergency room they sent us home with instructions to relax and put my feet up. That was the end of the spotting and the beginning of my worry.

Throughout this pregnancy I am learning to trust God more than ever before and while I sat in the ER waiting room I started thinking this baby is covered by prayer. Most importantly I know my God is bigger and stronger than all of this, then why am I so scared? That is a question I have to ask myself everyday and as I do I dive deeper and closer to my Lord. We have waited so long for this baby and we love him/her so much that it's tough to think of anything going wrong. So I pray for safety and peace of mind, may God hold us both tight in his arms.

Oh and baby we can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment