Saturday, November 12, 2011

Lunch Date

Chris and I finally got out to spend some time together without baby Carmella. Let's say our first date since the baby was born.  We packed her up and headed over to Aunt Cindy's house were Alayna was going to babysit. 

Some would say a date has to happen at night well we decided to have a lunch date. Carmella seems to have more a routine during the day than in the evening. So we dropped her off and left few directions behind; her bottle and when to feed, George the Giraffe for nap time and music is always calming and off we went!

I must admit driving away was a bit weird being that it was the first time Chris or I had not been with her since she was born. So it felt like we forgot something, but we ventured on. The restaurant of choice was sushi since I hadn't been able to eat a spicy tuna roll for 9 months I was pretty excited. 

We spent lunch enjoying each others comapny and catching up on life outside of Carmella. It was really nice to spend time together and discuss things other than feeding times and baby stuff. But don't get me wrong it was a bit difficult to not talk about our cute, loveable, sweet baby girl. Oh my what did we ever talk about before Carmella was born?

After a lovely date with my handsome husband, we headed back to see our daughter and found her in the loving arms of Auntie Alayna, fast asleep.

Awe so sweet!

Already hanging onto a cell phone, oh no! 
Just kidding she loves listening to music and has figured out how to hold onto the ipod

No comments:

Post a Comment