Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nose Frida

Let me first tell you I swore I would never buy one of these and I thought they were the most disgusting thing ever. 

  Nosefrida aka the Snotsucker, is a doctor-developed and doctor-recommended nasal aspirator used to keep babies naturally snot free. A simple Swedish design features a tube that is placed against the nostril (not inside) and parents use their own suction to draw mucus out of their child's nose. Disposable filters prevent any bacterial transfer.  It is superior to the bulb aspirator, presents no risk or harm to internal nasal structures and is dramatically more efficacious. 
 

Gross right? Why would I ever want to suck out my kids buggers. Well let me tell you I did some research after Carmella screamed like she was being tortured when we would use the hospital bulb suction. And the reviews were amazing.... the snot sucker really works!! So I thought ok what's the big deal I can spend $15 and who knows it might save us both a whole lot of trauma.

So I gave it a try and I was amazed!! No tears, no screaming and I have to admit she started smiling. I think her smiles were because my face looked so funny when I was sucking. Truthfully if it wasn't such a gross concept I would probably buy one for all my new mom friends so they could experience the difference for themselves. But for now I will keep using my nosefrida and live with the simplicity that Carmella has clear nasal passages and she is not crying!

And just so you know I took a picture to prove to everyone that it works. 
But if you're too grossed out then DON'T scroll down but for those of you with a strong stomach or secretly curious then have a peak!











 

The results are in the tube!

No comments:

Post a Comment