Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baby Comparison

Every week I get an email from babycenter.com and they update me on how big the baby has grown and what she is doing this week. I find these emails interesting, especially the part where they compare her to a piece of food. My cousin Justin likes to ask me every time he sees me what size the baby is this week. I hope he doesn't think she will come out looking like a watermelon just because she is the size of one.

Since I have enjoyed these comparisons so much I decided to share them with you so you too can see just how amazing her growth has been.

4 weeks: Baby is the size of a poppy seed
5 weeks:  a sesame seed
6 weeks:  a lentil
7 weeks:  a blueberry
8 weeks:  a kidney bean
9 weeks:  a grape
10 weeks:  a kumquat
11 weeks:  a fig
12 weeks:  a lime
13 weeks:  a medium shrimp
14 weeks:  a lemon
15 weeks:  an apple
16 weeks:  an avocado
17 weeks:  a turnip
18 weeks:  a bell pepper
19 weeks:  an heirloom tomato
20 weeks:  a banana
21 weeks:  a carrot
22 weeks: a spaghetti squash
23 weeks:  a large mango

Pretty amazing to think the baby has grown from a seed to the size of a large mango. Wow when you think of it that way it's pretty incredible how fast she is growing and I have to admit I've been doing a little work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment