Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ferraro Baby Shower

On Saturday my Mother in in, Cindy threw a fabulous shower to honor Baby Carmella. It was held at Georgio's Pizzaria in Milpitas which was also where we had our rehearsal dinner. How appropriate that Chris and I merged our families together and started our lives together with a big Italian family feast there and now we are welcoming our first baby there. The shower was beautiful and the decorations filled the room with pink everywhere.

A picture of Carmella and some baby pictures of Chris and I, hmmm I wonder who she will look like?

After a delicious Italian lunch we spent some time socializing and catching up with family and friends. Then we settled in to open some presents, first let me just say that this little girl is already spoiled.  Between the great clothes she is getting from her cousins and now all the new baby clothes well I am not sure we'll ever have to buy her any clothes!

 
 We got some great classic books that we can't wait to read together

A homemade blanket for baby and mommy

 
And a Christmas dress already! 

Seriously, I know that girls love clothes but I am starting to wish someone would buy something in my size, ha ha. 

Once we made it through the presents we made room for the yummy chocolate cake. 
And yes, I did have a little piece. 


It was a fantastic day and one that I will remember forever! Thank you to all my family and friends that came to help celebrate baby Carmella and shower her with love. After many years of trying to conceive and now to be carrying our first child I am reminded of the love and support that our families have shown us over the years and I feel so blessed to welcome Carmella into this family. And as a simple reminder to my family, please gently remind me of these times when she won't sleep through the night or when she is a teenager and I want to pull out my hair.

I had to include a picture of a the diaper cake/ Sushi platter that I received from a friend. How great is this! Its all made out of diapers and baby stuff but made to look like a California Roll and Shrimp Roll. So creative!

A special thank you to my mother in law Cindy for all your work and preparation to make the shower so special. I loved every minute of it!! Carmella will give you lots of love and thanks when she gets her, I know she can't wait to meet her Nana and Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment