Sunday, July 3, 2011

A letter to Carmella

Baby Girl,

I have been thinking about you a lot lately, how can I not when I feel you moving around all the time and kicking me on my right side. That being said I still love every minute of it! Your mommy and daddy have been dreaming of you for many years and wondering when you would bless our lives. And now we are overjoyed to know that in October we get to finally meet you, see you, touch you, and gaze into your beautiful eyes. I can't wait to hold you and smell you sweet baby smell, taking in those precious moments when you fall asleep in our arms.

I just wanted to tell you how special you are to your daddy and me; we loved you before you were even born. I know you will come into our lives and turn them upside down but I can't wait to be your mommy. When you cry we may jump and not know what you need right away, but we'll do our best to figure it out.  I’ve studied everything I could about how to be a good parent, how to help you learn and grow, how to be the best example I can be for you but I know only God can prepare me to be a mother. As you grow and explore this new world I promise to do my best to protect you and prepare you for all that lies ahead.

I can't wait for you to meet your daddy, I think he is pretty fantastic and I am sure you will too. I have been pretty spoiled to feel you and bond with you everyday and I know he is looking forward to that too. I just know he is going to be a great daddy and be your prince. You are going to melt his heart and make him smile like never before. I completely trust him and know that he will take exquisite care of our hearts and did I mention that he is funny too. With daddy in our lives we are going to have lots and lots of laughter and love.

Even though there will be times when we disagree I hope you know that I am only trying to prevent you from making the same mistakes that I made. I pray that we will always communicate openly and that no matter what happens that you can always come to us to share your heart and we'll love you no matter what. We know how much we love you now (and we haven't even met you) well God loves you even more than that! You're an answer to our prayers and the beginning of the family we have always desired.

So welcome to life outside of the womb and welcome to your family. We pray that you will always feel God's love and peace, grow to be your up most potential and know that we love you unconditionally no matter what. We promise to always love you and encourage you to learn and grow.

Nothing can describe the love I have in my heart for you and I look forward to the day we finally meet.
Love you today and always,  Mom xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment